Building Violations

JL Drafting is the leader in Residential and Commercial Designs. We also offer Expediting for Building Permits in the New York Metro Area.

Building Violations:

If you are selling your home and you were told by your title company or bank that there are existing structures that needed to be legalized we can help. Most Building departments on Long Island have updated their Building codes. Here are some examples of structures that require permits. The following is a list of structures that will be needing certificates of occupancy or Certificate of Completions:

- Garages conversions into living space
- Finished cellars and basements
- Outside basement entrances or Cellar Entrances
- In-Ground and Above Ground swimming pools
 -Fences over 4ft. or replaced fences
-Air Conditioners or H.V.A.C. Units
-Fireplaces (gas or electric)
-Skylights or Cathedral Ceilings
-Wood-Burning Stove
-Hot tubs
-Mother/Daughter Apartments
-Parent/Child Apartments
-Accessory Apartment
-Senior Resident Apartments
-Any Additional plumbing fixtures added to your home
-Decks or Patios 8” above grade
-Open & enclosed porches
-Aluminum Awnings
-Attached or Detached garage

-Any interior alterations of partitions (especially load bearing walls)